flippytale Quilter

Art Journey with a Quilty Voice:
I here Voices. The Voices tell me to cut up Fabric. Good Fabric. Into small pieces. Small interesting pieces.
Then the Voices tell me to put them back together again. In interesting ways.
.... I must Obey ....

Sunday, June 03, 2007

Yeah! New Project

One of the things I just love about starting a new project is the excitement of sewing together the first blocks. I may have spent hours drafting and picking out fabric for the new project, but nothing gives me a bigger thrill of seeing that first piece of fabric completely surrounded by seams from other fabric connected to it. What a rush!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Paper mockup to check full size scale (since I designed it on the computer and had only seen it on my computer screen until then)
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
PS,
I had designed the quilt for large scale prints, based on a design I had created earlier. I didn't have this quilt in mind when I bought the fabric, I bought them because I loved them so. But, once I got them home I dug out an old design I had sketched up and they were a perfect match.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
New design inspired by earlier quilt:
"Piet's Trip Through the Cosmos" ©2002

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Vicki W said...

Love those fabrics!

June 3, 2007 at 5:18 PM  
Blogger swooze said...

I am looking forward to seeing the quilt! The colors are great!

June 4, 2007 at 9:50 AM  
Blogger Samantha said...

this is going to be fun!!

June 4, 2007 at 4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home