flippytale Quilter

Art Journey with a Quilty Voice:
I here Voices. The Voices tell me to cut up Fabric. Good Fabric. Into small pieces. Small interesting pieces.
Then the Voices tell me to put them back together again. In interesting ways.
.... I must Obey ....

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Stashbuster Topic of the Week - Labels

Lately I've been hand writing my labels with a Sharpie. (fine point) I have a couple of the Micron pens, but think they are too light. I like the dark line of the Fine Point Sharpie. The reason I've been hand writing my labels is because my printer is out of ink and I've just been to lazy to buy a new set of cartridges. I usually design something nice and fancy in Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop and print it out on the treated fabric sheets you can buy and Hancock Fabrics. I have a packet of Printed Treasures, but haven't tried them yet.

I include my name, title, year, location, and maybe a photo the pertains to the design of the quilt.

Any notes that I've written are either in my sketch book or put in clear sleeves and put in a three ring binder.

Now I've started this blog to journal what I am thinking while I am creating each new quilt. It should be interesting to read back in a couple of years what I was thinking at certain times.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger SuBee said...

Oh boy was I giggling at this - the same exact thing is happening in my sewing room right now! Out of ink and too lazy to go buy more; sound bad but there it is. The handwritten ones are coming out OK tho - do you like yours?

June 1, 2007 at 11:10 PM  
Blogger flippytale Quilter (Christine) said...

The hand written ones are working out okay, but I do like the printed ones because I can fancy them up with color photos and such.

June 2, 2007 at 6:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home