flippytale Quilter

Art Journey with a Quilty Voice:
I here Voices. The Voices tell me to cut up Fabric. Good Fabric. Into small pieces. Small interesting pieces.
Then the Voices tell me to put them back together again. In interesting ways.
.... I must Obey ....

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

IKAT-like Idea Contemplation

I was looking through one of our fancy design magazine at work yesterday. Yes, I get paid to look through magazine! Well actually when it is in relationship to trend analysis, which I have to do for the stuff that I design for a living. Anyway, I came across these images made me think of Ikat weaving or Kente cloth, it would be interesting to take a photo and create a similar effect out of fabric using strips. Ikat traditionally uses pictorial image motifs tie-dyed into the thread of the warp and sometimes the weft.

I think this is a woven rug (the caption was in French), it is so graphic and would look great in fabric. Colors?

It appears to be less organized than Bargello, which is more geometric & abstract.

Wikipedia had some good definitions.
A cool glossary quilt related terms.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

BTW, I stayed up until midnight last for the final push of finishing the binding for the service quilt I was making. Now both are done and will given away tonight. On to finishing the wedding quilt and then I will be working on my own projects for a while.

Yeah!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home