flippytale Quilter

Art Journey with a Quilty Voice:
I here Voices. The Voices tell me to cut up Fabric. Good Fabric. Into small pieces. Small interesting pieces.
Then the Voices tell me to put them back together again. In interesting ways.
.... I must Obey ....

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Stashbusher Topic of the Week - What kind of quilter am I?

Since I've discovered how to free motion quilt I've become a free-motion-junkie! I look for ways I can free motion my quilts, I am especially good at that meandering stitch, it is such a rush! I am getting better and better with each quilt. I've even begun to experiment with little leaves and flowers in the quilting too. I like to sketch out my idea in my sketch book and wing it on the quilt. Maybe not precise, but a whole lot of fun!

See Storm at Sea for some of my sketches

I made a point of getting better at doing my own quilting when I realized that any quilts I entered into shows would have to credit the quilter who quilted my quilt. Being rather selfish I wanted all the credit to myself since my quilts are my own designs.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home