flippytale Quilter

Art Journey with a Quilty Voice:
I here Voices. The Voices tell me to cut up Fabric. Good Fabric. Into small pieces. Small interesting pieces.
Then the Voices tell me to put them back together again. In interesting ways.
.... I must Obey ....

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

WIP Wednesday 2-21

I lost my Pin Ring on Sunday because I put it down in a really clever place (which Timon found later), so I figured I could make a new one. This little Finger Pin Cushion is one of my favorite tools because it keeps my pins handy while I am sewing and pinning. I like it better than a wrist version because it doesn't get in the way of my clothing.

All made from recycled parts: bottle cap, left over polyester batting, a scrap of 4" fabric, scrap of elastic, an X-Acto knife to cut a hole, some hot glue ... tah-dah!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Very much like a Ready Made project.

And, I have been busy putting together the last two strips and boarder of my bed quilt, I don't have a name for it yet except that I've knick named it my "Eames" quilt, it is folded in quarters in this picture because it is too big to hang fully on my design wall. Right now with all the parts it is about 100 x 100"
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

My guild has a sit and sew coming up, it might be a good place to take it and baste it together to the backing. Provided I put the back together by then...

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Anne Ida said...

That recycled ring pin cushion is a really great idea! I'll have to make one of those, someday... Your bed quilt looks nice!

February 23, 2007 at 11:06 AM  
Blogger Debra Dixon said...

Wonderful quilt on your design wall!

February 23, 2007 at 3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home