flippytale Quilter

Art Journey with a Quilty Voice:
I here Voices. The Voices tell me to cut up Fabric. Good Fabric. Into small pieces. Small interesting pieces.
Then the Voices tell me to put them back together again. In interesting ways.
.... I must Obey ....

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Napa Valley

My family and I drove up Valley again today. The stark contrast of the trees against the grass is so beautiful this time of year. I never get tired of the amazing forms that the oak trees take and the mosses that grow on them. This is what I miss most when I am not here and think of home, the landscape of the hills and oak trees and the various stages that they and the grasses go through during the year.


We also did a little more wine tasting too, which is always fun.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kay said...

Beautiful. I actually think I prefer bare trees to ones with leaves because of the beauty of the shapes.

December 29, 2007 at 11:52 AM  
Blogger sewnut said...

The photos are lovely. It has been 30 years since we were through Napa Valley. We hope to go this year perhaps. I was in Palm Springs in October and I will be going back so we can double up the fun.
Beautiful photos

January 4, 2008 at 5:57 PM  
Blogger Rhonda said...

I love the pics of the trees. I find them very interesting the way the branches twist and turn. One of these days I'm going to make a tree quilt.

January 5, 2008 at 7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home