flippytale Quilter

Art Journey with a Quilty Voice:
I here Voices. The Voices tell me to cut up Fabric. Good Fabric. Into small pieces. Small interesting pieces.
Then the Voices tell me to put them back together again. In interesting ways.
.... I must Obey ....

Monday, December 03, 2007

Holidays, Thanksgiving & Christmas

Whew! Well the holidays are arriving fast in my house! I went away for Thanksgiving, which was great, spent it with a close friend in Birmingham, AL. Now I am looking at the next two weekends as being packed with Christmas activities, too!

I would really like to spend time re-organizing my sewing room (it is a big mess ever since I grabbed my supplies to go to retreat in early November), but I fear that I won't get to it until January. I want to get started on the pillow shams/quilt tester soon so I can start quilting my main quilt. I know I will be a lot happier once everything is back in it's place again, so I can pull it all out again with my new projects.

That's okay, the rest of the house is clean and decorated and I will be having guests coming and going these next few weeks! Yeah!

A group of ladies from my guild are starting up a mini-group together. It is mostly because we like each other and want to hang out with each other more often. Oh, and if some perfectly good fabric gets cut up and sewn back together along the way... so much the better! I've agreed to host them at my house in April and need to pick a quilt pattern for us to work on by then. We will meet for the first time in February. I can't wait until it gets started, we should have some great fun together!

1 Comments:

Blogger Cathie said...

Hi Flippytale. I'm almost too nervous to write to you as you sound a little - uh, scissor happy! I love your little "I hear voices" quip. Cute!
Anyway - I too belong to a guild and joined a smaller spin off group (Bee). We meet once a month at someone's house for food, conversation and yes, every once in a while some fabric gets cut up into small pieces and sewn back together. You have a cute blog and I will be back to visit. After all, we're neighbors. I'm in Carolina.

December 5, 2007 at 5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home