flippytale Quilter

Art Journey with a Quilty Voice:
I here Voices. The Voices tell me to cut up Fabric. Good Fabric. Into small pieces. Small interesting pieces.
Then the Voices tell me to put them back together again. In interesting ways.
.... I must Obey ....

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas to all! Hope you are spending it with your families and loved ones. I will be spending my holiday with my parents and some old friends!

I really like the lights and sparkle of Christmas decorations. My favorite part is putting up the tree, lights, and pretty decorations. The next is surprising people with a well thought out give or treat.

My life has had a lot of ups and downs and some years I couldn't bear the pressures that some of the expectations of shopping, cooking, cards, that we all sometimes take on. A few years ago I decided that it was better for everyone if I do the holidays "my way" and I started to focus on the elements that make me feel good about Christmas. It has meant that sometimes I didn't send cards or another year I didn't give out gifts. It sure took the pressure off of me and I have been a lot happier since then and everyone seems to be okay.

I really do look forward Christmas every year, it remains my favorite holiday and I believe I am a much more giving person because of it.

Warmest Wishes and Happy, Healthy New Year!

1 Comments:

Blogger Vicki W said...

and to you too!

December 22, 2007 at 9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home