flippytale Quilter

Art Journey with a Quilty Voice:
I here Voices. The Voices tell me to cut up Fabric. Good Fabric. Into small pieces. Small interesting pieces.
Then the Voices tell me to put them back together again. In interesting ways.
.... I must Obey ....

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Pictures from "Home"

Ah... the Napa Valley in Winter! The mustard is blooming, so beautiful!

and a few grapes left on the vine, wonder if they would make a good late harvest wine...?

And then a day in San Francisco.... cold and beautiful too!

Went to the San Francisco de Young Museum and saw the Louise Nevelson exhibit. Some of her repititious sculptures reminded me of quilt blocks... What would a monochromatic quilt look like where every block is similar in structure, but the interior is different each time. What would be my statement? Hers was about the holocaust. Will mine be as profound or more about myself? What is repetitious in my life, the same but unique like the lives represented in her work? My days, my days alone, my days working, my years alive? I will have to think about that. Anyway, her work moved me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rosalyn Manesse said...

Wow, what wonderful sculptures. I love that museum. We visited it several years ago.
Happy New Year

December 28, 2007 at 3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home