flippytale Quilter

Art Journey with a Quilty Voice:
I here Voices. The Voices tell me to cut up Fabric. Good Fabric. Into small pieces. Small interesting pieces.
Then the Voices tell me to put them back together again. In interesting ways.
.... I must Obey ....

Friday, November 16, 2007

Oh! And...

Oh! And I realized that I really want this quilt to be right so I am planning to sew up a few mock ups of the top to practice on and hopefully I will make them big enough to make pillow shams out of them.

Do pillow shams go on the pillows you sleep with or on special pillows that never get used? I never quite understood exactly how the multiple pillow thing on the bed arrangement thing works.

Well, off to find a design web site or book that might tell me the mysterious ways and habits of bed pillow arrangement

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Fabric Fanatic said...

I have shams on the pillows that I don't sleep on, and just pillowcases on the ones I do sleep on. I have 6 pillows on the bed now. 2 with cases and on top of those the ones with shams. In front of those 4 a decorative square pillow and a neck roll pillow.

November 16, 2007 at 10:47 PM  
Blogger mikawendy said...

I have a regular pillowcase on the pillow I sleep on, and then I have a pillow behind it because the headboard gets a little cold (it's drafty in our bedroom). Same arrangement for hubby. The "behind" pillows usually get the fancier pillowcase.

I've always thought shams were funny, too. I've wanted to experiment with decorating regular pillowcases by adding a border of fabric or special stitching or a ribbon border just to the edge of pillowcase, instead of using a sham.

November 17, 2007 at 10:22 AM  
Blogger ForestJane said...

Of course, you know that a bed hasn't had it's pillows properly arranged until a cat or two has burrowed behind them, then wrestled them into submission. :D

I put a link to your blog from mine, with pix of the quilt you're planning here, being basted.

November 19, 2007 at 3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home