flippytale Quilter

Art Journey with a Quilty Voice:
I here Voices. The Voices tell me to cut up Fabric. Good Fabric. Into small pieces. Small interesting pieces.
Then the Voices tell me to put them back together again. In interesting ways.
.... I must Obey ....

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Dreams of Fabric

My quilting priorities have been pretty low this month. Higher priority: Friends and relationships, a quilt that I have a hard time putting stitches into but such an important project!

I've gotten the house decorated, my Christmas cards written and mailed, some gifts wrapped ready to be given. I am looking forward to the last weekend I will have to spend with friends before we all scatter to our various families for the Christmas week.

Minor set back, a cold.

But, while sleeping my way to recovery I found myself dreaming of fabric. The colors were of the warm sea water made up of tones of teals, cobalts, and greens, more fabric kept bursting out of the seams while I sewed the pieces together so that I would applique them down or leave them to wave up and down like seaweed in tidal water. Gold and silver accented the colors. Brocaded fabrics woven into intricate patterns with metallics that sparkle with movement. Junctions and organic shapes merge into a watery landscape. I hope my sketches can capture these visions...

.

1 Comments:

Blogger ForestJane said...

Hmm, I get those exploding fabric sorts of images when I open up my spare room storage closet... but it's not a dream, it's a living nightmare... lol

December 20, 2007 at 3:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home