flippytale Quilter

Art Journey with a Quilty Voice:
I here Voices. The Voices tell me to cut up Fabric. Good Fabric. Into small pieces. Small interesting pieces.
Then the Voices tell me to put them back together again. In interesting ways.
.... I must Obey ....

Monday, May 14, 2007

Seven Interesting Things About Me

Well, you already know that I am passionate about my quilting! I was tagged by Quilt Musings (Lori)'s

So, here goes...

1) I love Sci-Fi, especially Star Wars, I know an insane amount of trivia about the original movies. When I play the Star Wars Trivial Pursuit game, I usually win, but recently I was finally beat be a better opponent. I can't wait for the rematch!

2) My favorite musicians and music groups right now are: Röyksopp (the Understanding), Air (Moon Safari), Gus Gus (Polydistortion, This is Normal), Massive Attack (Mezzanine, 100th Window, Protection), Tricky (Ruff Guide, Vulnerable), Nine Inch Nails (Year Zero, With Teeth). I so fickle that my tastes are constantly changing, I don't know what I will like next year. I almost never listen to the "old" stuff from when I was younger, but I will sprinkle in some classic Talking Heads and Kate Bush in now and then.

3) I love just about ANY Asian cuisine; Chinese, Thai, Indian, Japanese (especially good Sushi), you name it, could eat it every day. The best food I had was while I was working in China for three weeks last year, yum!

4) I've never married. I was in a big time six year relationship that I am embarrassed to admit I don't think I've moved on from, though I've done my best. My next relationship is not in my hands to decide when.

5) I used to work in Glass, before I went into Design. I still have all my glassblowing tools, a kiln, etc. I plan to do something with glass again someday. (right....)

6) I really want a yellow lab, and I love agility courses, but won't do either until I am in a place were I can spend good time with both. I keep saying when I retire.

7) Some of the custom lights that I designed at my last job can be seen at Disney's Animal Kingdom, Florida, and Tokyo Disney Seas, Japan. I guess that means I am part of history now. It was so cool to work for that company, I will never forget my time there. Probably the best job I ever had, I liked all the pixie dust.


Hope you enjoyed reading about some of the other aspects that make up me. I am going to tag YOU next! So if you respond it would great if you put a comment here so I can read about your interesting things too! Thanks!

3 Comments:

Blogger Lori (A.K.A. Elkhoundmom) said...

It is really interesting to learn about other sides of everyone's lives. Any pictures of your custom lights at Disney? I have an obligatory Disney World trip with DS this summer so I can look for them. I totally agree about the Asian food, too.

May 14, 2007 at 8:56 PM  
Blogger Joyce said...

I enjoyed hearing seven things about you. Do you have pictures of any of your custom lights?

May 14, 2007 at 9:00 PM  
Blogger Amanda Jean said...

I enjoyed reading your list. :)

May 14, 2007 at 9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home