flippytale Quilter

Art Journey with a Quilty Voice:
I here Voices. The Voices tell me to cut up Fabric. Good Fabric. Into small pieces. Small interesting pieces.
Then the Voices tell me to put them back together again. In interesting ways.
.... I must Obey ....

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Quilting WIPs

I am working on quilting two quilts right now. A little frustrating on both, not exactly PQP right now.

The service quilt started off skipping stitches ... urgh! ... Problem solved once I changed the needle, but I had to rip stitches. It is moving along pretty well, still have half to go. I thought I would be finished this weekend!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucketheartstringswindows

I couldn't quilt the Leaf Quilt as planned through the middle of the square "thingies" because they were so thick that the quilting line looked forced and jaggie rather than elegant and straight the way I imagined it. ....urgh!... more stitch ripping. So I drew up a complex path of weaving around the squares in my sketch book and am using it as a guide to sew around. May look cool, the squares appear like they will be puffy. I sure hope so!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home