flippytale Quilter

Art Journey with a Quilty Voice:
I here Voices. The Voices tell me to cut up Fabric. Good Fabric. Into small pieces. Small interesting pieces.
Then the Voices tell me to put them back together again. In interesting ways.
.... I must Obey ....

Saturday, November 03, 2007

doldrums...

You may have noticed from my lack of posts these last few weeks that I seem to have lost my way. My quilting mojo has packed up and left. My voices have been quiet. I go into my quilt room, look at what I have going on with my projects, what I want to work on, pick up a piece of fabric, pet it, put it back down. The only action that room has been getting is I will occasionally iron some clothes for work. Pretty dull, huh?

So, what do you do when you find yourself in the creative doldrums? I am really hoping that next week's quilt retreat will light a fire under my butt and I will get going again.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Joyce said...

I'm sure the retreat will help. Sometime I find that dull cloudy weather makes it hard to get motivated. I need sunshine.

November 3, 2007 at 12:42 PM  
Blogger Vicki W said...

Give yourself permission to not quilt. Make yourself stay out of the room for at LEAST 2 weeks and go do something else - read novels, go to all of the movies playing - whatever. It will come back.

November 3, 2007 at 5:13 PM  
Blogger Quilter Kathy said...

Yes...a quilting retreat will definately help you get going again. I find that just starting to work on something gets me interested eventually.

November 3, 2007 at 5:54 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

I clean my room. I get rid of all the stuff that I will never use.
I go through my fabric and give away all the pieces that i bought and regretted. I go through my patterns and kits, and either throw out or give away those that I'll never do. You'll be suprised by what you'll find and had forgotten about and it'll fire you back up again

love and hugs xxx

November 4, 2007 at 6:05 AM  
Blogger Samantha said...

I usually just ride it out. though, if there is one WIP or UFO that seems to be the root of my angst, I've been known to bury it in a deep deep drawer... Hope you get your mojo back soon :-)

November 5, 2007 at 9:57 AM  
Blogger Annie said...

I experience this a couple times a year. I'm at the tail end of one recently and I can to the conclusion that I was bored!!! I really don't have a "good" project going and I am just maintaining. So, I'm going to look into a new project to get the juices flowing ........ well, so I hope.....maybe starting a new project will jump start your "mojo" too.........

November 5, 2007 at 5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home