flippytale Quilter

Art Journey with a Quilty Voice:
I here Voices. The Voices tell me to cut up Fabric. Good Fabric. Into small pieces. Small interesting pieces.
Then the Voices tell me to put them back together again. In interesting ways.
.... I must Obey ....

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Never Forget....

I remember waking up early that day. I sometimes do, just as I am awake early today. My brain was working over on things and events in my life. I wasn't working then and was worried about my job search. I really wanted to continue with my career path but didn't know if I was doing all I could. I was living in Northern California then and got up, made coffee, and switched on the TV....

You know the rest....

America Awakening

I made this quilt in the weeks after 9/11 and still don't fully understand it. I still feel the emotions I felt then when ever I pull it out. It was made purely with my emotion and the image of the wreakage burned into my mind. I really am not sure what I meant by America Awakening. Maybe it was me waking up that day just as some many others did to a regular day, that never was. Or waking up to the realization that there are people that hate us so much that this is the horror they would sink to. And the flowers I think were the hopes that I had that would rise out of the ashes of so much pain. It was all so unthinkable, and unreal. It still is.

I am so grateful nothing like this has happened again. I would like to believe it is because our military and governement is doing what they promised to do and are keeping us safe. I would like to be safe enough that I can continue on with my little life as it is, such as it is.

BTW, the date falls on a Tuesday this year...

Peace to all...

2 Comments:

Blogger comicbooklady said...

It's an amazing piece, very moving.

September 15, 2007 at 8:20 AM  
Blogger Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

WOW - I just love that you can express what is going on inside, even if yournot sure exactly what it is, by making something like a quilt. Thanks for sharing.

September 16, 2007 at 8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home