flippytale Quilter

Art Journey with a Quilty Voice:
I here Voices. The Voices tell me to cut up Fabric. Good Fabric. Into small pieces. Small interesting pieces.
Then the Voices tell me to put them back together again. In interesting ways.
.... I must Obey ....

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Wip Wednesday 8-01

Oh! I wish it were truely a WIP Wednesday. I haven't sewn much all the month of July. Now I am uncertain of which project to dive into again. I need a warm up project. I need to cut up fabric, I need to hear the sewing maching, I need to sew....

Sunday Mom and I sat down and went through my bead stash (a collection I've been accumilating for the last twenty-five years) and made some wine glass charms. We figured they are big enough to be used as coffee much charms too. They are very elaborate and special and we hope she will be able to sell them at Christmas time at her crafts fairs. I am hoping they will do well since she lives in the wine country and they are wine related.



We want to sell a set of four for about twelve to thirteen US dollars. What do you think? Would you pay that for wine glass jewelry made from exotic and hand blown beads? (I blew the beads myself in a past life) I looked on eBay for reference and there a lot of cheaply made sets and a few nicer sets. Mine are on wire, many used memory wire. Some of the nicer ones were going for what I want to charge.

PS, Mom and Dad headed hom yesteday morning. It was a wonderful month having them around!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home