flippytale Quilter

Art Journey with a Quilty Voice:
I here Voices. The Voices tell me to cut up Fabric. Good Fabric. Into small pieces. Small interesting pieces.
Then the Voices tell me to put them back together again. In interesting ways.
.... I must Obey ....

Monday, August 06, 2007

Oi! Eat My Shorts!

I've had a pair of shorts cut out ready to sew in my sewing room for about a year. I've been wearing the top all along. I said to myself that I need to finish the shorts before the top is worn out.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Good grief, it was like I was drugged or something. I couldn't remember how to sew them up! First I sewed the pocket on in the wrong order, but it was recoverable and I wasn't going to rip stitches, so I plowed on and got that part fixed. Then I sewed the waist band elastic in with a twist. Take out the stitches and fix that. I still have the hem to go. I can't believe I did so badly on them. I've made them before!?!?!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I wear the purple ones all the time, love them, made the pattern from another pair that fit well.

Well! I am just going to have to write instructions to myself next time. They should be presentable enough to wear in the yard, which is their purpose and they won't be worn further than that anyway. I certainly won't win any awards for this sewing job!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

1 Comments:

Blogger swooze said...

On days like this just walk away....just walk away.

August 6, 2007 at 2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home