flippytale Quilter

Art Journey with a Quilty Voice:
I here Voices. The Voices tell me to cut up Fabric. Good Fabric. Into small pieces. Small interesting pieces.
Then the Voices tell me to put them back together again. In interesting ways.
.... I must Obey ....

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

BTW - HP

Last night at 1 a.m. I finished the last Harry Potter book. I just can't say more now, except the entire series was a great ride and I am casting around looking for some other fiction to start reading. Mom bought her own copy and is chapters behind me so we can't really talk until she finishes. One of my co workers finished it in one day! It was such a relief to talk to her about it without fear of spoiling the story for anyone else.

Oh well, back to my life again.

It felt like the whole world must have stopped this weekend to read the last Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I swear I could hear all the collective pages turning and the stillness of people reading... we were united for a few days with the same thoughts.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kay said...

You're so right about this, or at least it seems that way to me. On our flight back from Europe Sunday, the girl in front of me never lifted her head from the book for the entire ten hours! I was so jealous because my copy was waiting for me here, and it would have been such a perfect plane read. But I spent Monday and Tuesday on it. It's so wonderful to be totally lost in a book. Doesn't happen to me much any more.

July 27, 2007 at 2:30 PM  
Blogger JoAnna said...

Oh, Harry. I am so sad the books are done. If you are looking for new HP-like fiction...have you read the "His Dark Materials" trilogy by Philip Pullman? They are making The Golden Compass into a movie which is coming out this winter.

July 31, 2007 at 7:32 AM  
Blogger Samantha said...

I read mine in just a few hours because I was SO worried someone would spoil it for me! And like you, now I need a new character!

July 31, 2007 at 11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home