flippytale Quilter

Art Journey with a Quilty Voice:
I here Voices. The Voices tell me to cut up Fabric. Good Fabric. Into small pieces. Small interesting pieces.
Then the Voices tell me to put them back together again. In interesting ways.
.... I must Obey ....

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

What get's in the way of my quilty progress?

Stashbuster Topic of the Week:
What get's in the way of my quilty progress?

Well, I guess I have the attention span of a gnat... I will start a project and once I "get" it, instantly get bored. (see my unfinished projects page for the evidence) And sometimes with my perfectly good projects I will get even more excited about something new and start it, BOOM, instant UFO created out of the old one. Or, life just interupts my progress, I loose momentum and once I get started up again I want to start something new. It must be the obsessive need to cut fabric into small itty bitty pieces.

So, those are all the excuses I can think of.

What helps?

Blogging here, keeping a list of my projects. As long as they are in sight I will remember them, and if one is lucky, I may get interested enough to finish another project. I've set a goal for myself this year to finish 25 quilts. I am up to 8, year is half over. We shall see....

1 Comments:

Blogger Jo Raines said...

You are singing my song! That also explains my many, many UFO's. Oh to be focused and persevere to the end!

July 3, 2007 at 7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home