flippytale Quilter

Art Journey with a Quilty Voice:
I here Voices. The Voices tell me to cut up Fabric. Good Fabric. Into small pieces. Small interesting pieces.
Then the Voices tell me to put them back together again. In interesting ways.
.... I must Obey ....

Friday, April 27, 2007

WIPs

How did I end up with so much Pink and Ivory? I am using their boxes to press my little rag rug, which doesn't lay so flat no matter how much I steam iron it. But that's okay too, I plan to use it as a bath mat. Now cutting up the Pink and Ivory would be a good stash busting project, to reduce those colors, and they do look good together, if you like that sort of thing, which I know many people do, so maybe a gift? See... I like dark earthy colors, with only the occasional light, bright color to be thrown in to add a highlight or sparkle.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Again, with the beating of self about how many UFO's I have and how few I've finished. I've set a goal of completing 25 projects this year, I don't care if they are new projects or UFO's as long as it is all from my stash (with the exception of April)

Well here is one stashbusting idea I had this week, two tops I made that I don't really want to go further with, they are in fabrics that are not "quilty". The purple one is a poly blend from my beginner years, the second is corduroy from the same era. I am thinking that if I just sew the two together the boys might enjoy a good snooze on them. I don't mind washing these repeatedly.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Especially with these fuzzies
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Oh, I could use a mental health day. I think Sunday will be a true day of rest, lots of naps, no chores. (not like I keep a perfect house or anyone will see it to know the difference) Not that I am truly complaining, I know you with families have a lot more obligations than I do. But, even the unencumbered like me feel overwhelmed at times, and that is me this week, just not enough time to do all that I would like, too many woulda-coulda-shoulda's... as always, I know I will be fine as long as I take time to take care of myself, which is what is next on my agenda.

Tomorrow is the bus trip and I am hoping to have some good chats with my quilting sisters! Yeah!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Terri Stegmiller said...

Hi, thanks for your comments on my blog. Just got done looking at yours and I love your leaf quilt...and your cats....cats rule!

April 29, 2007 at 10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home