flippytale Quilter

Art Journey with a Quilty Voice:
I here Voices. The Voices tell me to cut up Fabric. Good Fabric. Into small pieces. Small interesting pieces.
Then the Voices tell me to put them back together again. In interesting ways.
.... I must Obey ....

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Leaf Quilt - Border

I added some squares to the sashing and am now choosing my border. Because of the way that the squared are inserted into the seams I will have to cut the border the same length of my blocks. I think this fabric (which I just love with the blocks) will be okay with seams. I will have to let it marinade a bit more...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

My Iris' are going to finally bloom! This will their first since I transplanted them two years ago from a friend of mine's yard. I was so worried that they would freeze during that surprise cold snap earlier.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And, I have a pet Toad! Well, actually, it has chosen to live in my daylily bed, and I am happy to have it as my guest! Love the warty skin and cute little shiney eyes!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Technical note:
the squares were introduced to me on a Simply Quilts episode (QLT-743) featuring Ami Simms

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home