flippytale Quilter

Art Journey with a Quilty Voice:
I here Voices. The Voices tell me to cut up Fabric. Good Fabric. Into small pieces. Small interesting pieces.
Then the Voices tell me to put them back together again. In interesting ways.
.... I must Obey ....

Monday, April 23, 2007

Leaf Top is done

Sunday I finished the Leaf top. All I need to do is make the back, sandwich it and quilt it (yup, that's it). I had no idea how it would turn out when I started and a pleased with where it ended up. Should I do another? Maybe, I like this technique, but maybe something different than leaves. I should sketch for a bit about it. Something more abstract? Less symetry, I dunno... I like it when the fabric tells me what to do, this one sure did.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Tomorrow I am donating this quilt that I made while learning to fussy-cut radiating patterns. It will be donated to a local Alzheimer's hospital to be displayed there along with other quilts from my guild. I have the book somewhere, I won it as a door prize at a guild I belonged to in Pasadena. That's how long ago I made it. I've enjoyed looking at it, it is in good condition, and it is time for someone else to enjoy it now.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

My pet toad is doing well and came back after I mowed the lawn, I feared that the motor sounds must have been terrifying to the little amphibian. I am glad it has decided to make a home in my yard and look forward each day to checking up on it. I don't know how to tell if it is a he or a she, sometimes I refer to one or the other gender. It is still cute ... maybe I should kiss it ... just kidding ... right?
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This is the home of where my Creeping Jenny cuttings came from. They were growing everywhere, which what I hope they will do here too. Cute fountain, I have a pot that converts into a fountain that I should hook up again. It served as a holder for one of my plants during the winter and is still only full of leaves.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

ooh, am I being wordy or what lately?

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

The quilt you are donating is just gorgeous! What graceful, gentle colors you used. I know what you mean about enjoying something for a period of time, then knowing it is time for it to move on to someone else.

April 24, 2007 at 10:59 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The leaf quilt is quite gorgeous!!!

April 24, 2007 at 4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home