flippytale Quilter

Art Journey with a Quilty Voice:
I here Voices. The Voices tell me to cut up Fabric. Good Fabric. Into small pieces. Small interesting pieces.
Then the Voices tell me to put them back together again. In interesting ways.
.... I must Obey ....

Sunday, April 08, 2007

WIP Weekend Stashbusting

I had a crazy idea when I saw an image in a design magazine (I think Elle Decor) for a designer rug, sold for who knows how much.
"Eliana Gerotto & Patricia Urquiol’s Crochet rug for Paola Lenti"
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I thought "hey! I could do that!" Then I thought about the heavy thread that they must have used to make it, and then it occured to me that I could make it from bias fabric. I have a bag of fabric I am not so fond of, the colors are fine but the prints are incredibly out of date. Hmmm......

So by the end of the weekend I've cut up about 3-1/2 yards of fabric so far into 3/4" bias and crocheted it up. I still like the colors, and what a great way to turn ugly fabric into something nice! Here is my interpretation of that rug, it is about 15", point to point so far....
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Deb Geyer said...

Cool! What a great idea!

April 9, 2007 at 8:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home