flippytale Quilter

Art Journey with a Quilty Voice:
I here Voices. The Voices tell me to cut up Fabric. Good Fabric. Into small pieces. Small interesting pieces.
Then the Voices tell me to put them back together again. In interesting ways.
.... I must Obey ....

Monday, March 26, 2007

Storm at Sea Pictures

Overall it still looks the same, but you can see evidence of beads and a binding. The centers of the Daylilies and Cosmos have Gold beads. The Rose has Clear beads and Crystals on the petals to represent Dew. Everything was free-motion quilted except around the main structure, those were stitch-in-the-ditch.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Joyce said...

It is absolutely gorgeous and the beading adds just the right touch.

March 26, 2007 at 9:08 AM  
Blogger swooze said...

The close up pictures are great! Did you stitch through the tissue paper? If so how did that work out? Do you have to pin down the paper?

March 26, 2007 at 4:58 PM  
Blogger SuBee said...

OOooohhh my gosh! that's amazing - gorgeous. I'm so in awe of your ability.

March 30, 2007 at 10:26 AM  
Blogger Kay said...

This has turned out to be an amazing piece, a real prize. Congratulations.

April 5, 2007 at 5:13 AM  
Blogger Samantha said...

SO gorgeous!!

April 5, 2007 at 10:33 AM  
Blogger Deb Geyer said...

Awesome! I want to piece like you when I grow up!!

April 9, 2007 at 8:24 AM  
Blogger Sandra said...

Wow! That is a stunning version of 'storm at sea'. Great job!!!

April 9, 2007 at 6:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home