flippytale Quilter

Art Journey with a Quilty Voice:
I here Voices. The Voices tell me to cut up Fabric. Good Fabric. Into small pieces. Small interesting pieces.
Then the Voices tell me to put them back together again. In interesting ways.
.... I must Obey ....

Monday, March 12, 2007

Argh! Too Much Un-sewing

I was so happy yesterday because I had finally gotten my Storm at Sea top put together. I had spent the morning ripping out stitches from the center so that I could add the center corner blocks. Once it was reassembled I added the two outer sides, checking to make sure that the center was upright. I ironed it and pinned it up on my design wall to step back and admire my work. (I thought, "oh, goodie I can pick out my backing and binding now!") But, NO! What did I see? I had sewn the to outside panels on upside down! Bleah!!!



So instead, I spent the rest of my evening ripping stitches so I could set them right. I know that many viewers would not know they were upside down, but I would! I can't believe I didn't double check them before sewing.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Suzanne Earley said...

Oh no! I feel your pain. I've done stuff like that, too, where I was so focused on one thing, I didn't realize I was introducing errors in other places....

March 12, 2007 at 9:23 AM  
Blogger Lori (A.K.A. Elkhoundmom) said...

Oh no! That is so frustrating! At least you caught the problem before binding it. It is going to be a gorgeous piece, though. It looks great even with the upside down bits.

March 13, 2007 at 3:57 AM  
Blogger swooze said...

Sorry that happened. I do this sort of thing all the time even checking first. If you are tired when this happens maybe learn when to stop for the time being. That is what I try to do especially when cutting!

March 14, 2007 at 2:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course, we all see the mistakes, but all I see is a beautiful quilt. I love the Storm at Sea pattern since John Flynn did that one at Paducah.

Never been to Memphis although I lived in Chattanooga for 24 years! My dream was to go to the Pink Palace and isn't there a Biel street where B.B. King has a place?
Anyway, just wanted to say hey, and what a great job you did. I saw the cat on the other blog, too...outstanding!

March 17, 2007 at 7:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home