flippytale Quilter

Art Journey with a Quilty Voice:
I here Voices. The Voices tell me to cut up Fabric. Good Fabric. Into small pieces. Small interesting pieces.
Then the Voices tell me to put them back together again. In interesting ways.
.... I must Obey ....

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Please, Just a Few More Minutes

Like most kids I would beg for a few more minutes of sleep before getting out of bed and going to school. That all changed when I was in college, I gained a nagging sense of responsibility and would wake up at odd hours with the undying obligation to get things done. It hasn't changed.

And it is why I feel like this has been finals week. I feel like I've worked all semester and now am cramming for the big exam. Putting extra hours into my final project before submitting it for the big critique. I went to Art School, so my finals were projects and often all nighters. Not staying up all night anymore to finish a project, but sewing until midnight most every night (no sleeping in, either) sure feels pretty close now that I'm older! Especially when I am trying to stay alert at work....

Deadlines at work, deadlines for my quilt! Busy, busy, busy!

Okay, about my QUILT! Stipple quilted the background areas, only the blocks of flowers left to do. Sewed on the binding and just moments ago put my final stitch in on that. Deadline is Tuesday, March 27th, and all with out calling in "sick" to work either (that's cheating!)

Binding Making Progress:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Free-motion Quilting in background:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Only part to quilt are the flowers:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Miriam said...

this quilt is gorgeous! i love everything about it - the pattern, color choices, everything! great job. (and you're so lucky your flowers are already blooming!)

March 22, 2007 at 4:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home