flippytale Quilter

Art Journey with a Quilty Voice:
I here Voices. The Voices tell me to cut up Fabric. Good Fabric. Into small pieces. Small interesting pieces.
Then the Voices tell me to put them back together again. In interesting ways.
.... I must Obey ....

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Gingher Over-Loved

I must get my favorite Ginghers sharpened. A year ago I chomped a pin in half. I remember clearly what I was doing when I did it. I was making some pillows out of left over decorator fabric and was trimming the edge of one side. "Boy is this decorator fabric thick, I can barely cut through it" I said to myself as I leaned into it. Finally the scissor blades met and a piece of pin went shooting off of my work table.
Whoops....
{click, undo, undo, undo} ... oh, real life, can't do that ... drat!
So now I have this lovely little chip in the upper part of the blade and I've known ever since that I need to get it sharpened. I just hope it won't be to hard for the blade to be repaired.

Good news, recently I found out the best thing to do for sharpening Ginghers is to send it to the manufacture. I am going to do just that since I won't be cutting any fabric for most of June. It takes 3-4 four weeks and they still only charge $7.50 for US customers! I'm in!

Gingher


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home