flippytale Quilter

Art Journey with a Quilty Voice:
I here Voices. The Voices tell me to cut up Fabric. Good Fabric. Into small pieces. Small interesting pieces.
Then the Voices tell me to put them back together again. In interesting ways.
.... I must Obey ....

Sunday, October 14, 2007

New Modern Quilt - Crazy Martha

I have been looking at this pinned on my wall for the last month and it just couldn't find excitement over it anymore, not the way the last quilt did. I realized it was just too regular and predictable. So, I put some of my crazy (and there has been a lot of it in me these days) into it and added something unexpected, and to bring some sanity to me. It, again, may not be my best work, but at least I like it better than I did a few days ago and it has gotten me to sew again.

I think I am a little more nuts when I am not sewing. I always feel a bit more stable when I am sewing, making a progression to some sort of completion. Finding some kind of sanity amongst the chaos, some small bit I can control and conduct.

I think I am calling it "Crazy Martha" because most of it made with Martha Negley Prints, and my part of crazy is making it.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

My rag rug is finished too. I don't like it as much as I did several months ago and need to move it from UFO to something silly that I use as a bath mat.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger sewnut said...

I know that I become a bit crazy if I have not been sewing for a while.

I think that is a funky bath mat - love it!

October 23, 2007 at 12:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home