flippytale Quilter

Art Journey with a Quilty Voice:
I here Voices. The Voices tell me to cut up Fabric. Good Fabric. Into small pieces. Small interesting pieces.
Then the Voices tell me to put them back together again. In interesting ways.
.... I must Obey ....

Monday, September 24, 2007

Craft: & Make:

Wow a couple of new cool blog/zines things taking about scrap quilts and making stuff. Lots of great crafty tips.

The article that hooked me in is about recycling plastic bags into new objects. They show how to *iron*, yes, iron them together into a thicker material and sew them up. Haven't found the You-Tube on their site but did find it on Whip Up while they demonstrate how to make a messenger bag.

Of course my mind is ticking away thinking, can I put this in a quilt, how can I use this for the stuff I make? I guess it depends on how interesting the ironed pieces of plastic are once I makes.

Make:
Craft:

I think they are related ...anyway, check out their goodies! I sure am

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Rosalyn Manesse said...

Dear Christine, I've been reading your blog, and I see some lovely work. I'm interrested in your Mondrian inspired quilt. Do you cut little strips of black (how big?) to go inbetween?

September 30, 2007 at 11:11 AM  
Blogger flippytale Quilter (Christine) said...

Thanks for asking!

My "sashing" is cut one inch so when it is sewn they finish at half inch. The picture is not so good, but it is actually a really dark purple that matched the fabric. I am experimenting with making the same with out those strips because the design is often mistaken for stained glass ... shall see how it goes.

September 30, 2007 at 12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home