flippytale Quilter

Art Journey with a Quilty Voice:
I here Voices. The Voices tell me to cut up Fabric. Good Fabric. Into small pieces. Small interesting pieces.
Then the Voices tell me to put them back together again. In interesting ways.
.... I must Obey ....

Monday, October 08, 2007

Cutting Squares

Last night while watching TV I felt obligated to "create" something, but considering the dissaster that was the purse, I also wanted to keep it simple. So I cut some of my scraps up into square piles of 2", 3", 4", and 5". It went well!

BTW, I have no clue what I will make with them.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

5 Comments:

Blogger swooze said...

My current tv watching project is crocheting. Great use of your time!

October 8, 2007 at 12:14 PM  
Blogger Tamera said...

Do you have specific plans for your squares?

October 9, 2007 at 8:44 AM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

Great use of your TV time!

October 9, 2007 at 10:49 AM  
Blogger Tamera said...

Have you considered a Disappearing 9 patch? There's a tutorial here:
http://quiltsatcs.blogspot.com/2007/04/disappearing-9-patch-tutorial.html

October 13, 2007 at 4:18 PM  
Blogger Janet said...

I used to be obsessed with saving every infinitessimal scrap left over from my quilts - had huge supernarket bags full in every corner. Got ruthless and cut them into squares which I keep in a cookie tin - have made ever so many really great quilts using these squares and beieve me, no matter how ugly a fabric is, in small doses in a scrap quilt it really sings!! And - bonus - got with it and threw the REALLY tiny resulting scraps out - O-U-T!!!

October 15, 2007 at 12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home