flippytale Quilter

Art Journey with a Quilty Voice:
I here Voices. The Voices tell me to cut up Fabric. Good Fabric. Into small pieces. Small interesting pieces.
Then the Voices tell me to put them back together again. In interesting ways.
.... I must Obey ....

Sunday, September 16, 2007

WIP Weekend 9-16

Whew! I did a lot this weekend, including sewing! I really like when I have good energy!

Have I slobbered on enough about Superior Threads Master Piece thread yet? I've been using one spool so far, it is the 600 yard, 50 weight one. I pieced the entire quilt Amy Butler & Friends Modern Quilt including the back (granted the back was only one seam, but hey...). I only needed to fill two bobbins for that one.

And now I am piecing the next one! I love it! That spool is still going strong. I've filled one bobbin and what is left on the spool should finish it off. I have no idea how much I will be able to sew with what I have left.

I am a convert to Master Piece Thread! Wow!

....uhm, about the King Tut quilting thread. Honestly, other than the color being perfect for my quilt I couldn't tell a difference on that one compared to my other quilting threads. Though I do believe that the long staple will reduce the amount of lint. It might also make the quilt stronger. For now I will most likely buy it again only if it is a color I need to complete a quilt top. The other thread I've been using is Coats & Clark mercerized cotton 50 weight 1200 yards, also known as Star Machine Quilting & Craft. And Mettler 40 weight on rare occasions.

This is the pattern I created:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
And the results so far:
(I am feeling so smart, because I am using up the fabric left over from the other quilt! So far the green flowers and the purple fruit are all gone)
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I've been "eyeing" that thread. I'm glad to know that it's good. I think I will order some soon.

September 17, 2007 at 12:58 PM  
Blogger swooze said...

Very nice! I like the quilt design.

September 17, 2007 at 1:28 PM  
Blogger Vicki W said...

I agree with you, Masterpiece is my favorite thread for piecing now. I also use it on the longarm. Sometimes I use King Tut in the needle and Masterpiece in the bottom. that's a very cool quilt you are making.

September 17, 2007 at 3:23 PM  
Blogger Rosalyn Manesse said...

Color, color, color--wonderful color.

September 18, 2007 at 3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home