flippytale Quilter

Art Journey with a Quilty Voice:
I here Voices. The Voices tell me to cut up Fabric. Good Fabric. Into small pieces. Small interesting pieces.
Then the Voices tell me to put them back together again. In interesting ways.
.... I must Obey ....

Sunday, October 07, 2007

One quilt is finished

I made a second purse (it was suppose to be a smaller version of the one I made earlier) yesterday. Had cut out the pieces earlier. Well, everything that could go wrong, did. I forgot the batting, most of the pieces got sewn together backwards, which I ripped out and sewed correctly. The handles are too long, the closure is on the wrong side. Good grief! I hate projects that mess up that way... It wasn't even worthy of a picture of its sad self.

So, I floundered around looking for something that I could finish ... successfully!

I made three long overdue labels for a few of my quilts and sewed them on, correctly. And finshed the binding on a quilt I had started earlier. Pretty benign, but also hard to mess up. I think I'm going to sit down before I hurt myself and bask in the sunshine of what I did accomplish....
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Tamera said...

Look at that purple binding! My daughter would LOVE it!

It really turned out lovely!

October 8, 2007 at 5:02 AM  
Blogger qusic said...

beautiful use of the fruit fabric, a lot of inspiation to find here, will visit often. Christiane

October 13, 2007 at 3:56 AM  
Blogger Joanna said...

I am LOVING the colors in this quilt - I would make this same one and be very happy with it!!

October 15, 2007 at 8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home