flippytale Quilter

Art Journey with a Quilty Voice:
I here Voices. The Voices tell me to cut up Fabric. Good Fabric. Into small pieces. Small interesting pieces.
Then the Voices tell me to put them back together again. In interesting ways.
.... I must Obey ....

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Working on Pieces & Pinning

I set up my work place on the kitchen table downstairs and I manage to baste a few squares everyday. Everything will be pinned down on their boards in no time so I will have sewing to take with me where ever I go.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The lower left is the board I pin the basted pieces to so the stay in order until I sew them together
The lower middle is my ironing board with my Clover iron next to it.
Upper Left & Right are the section of the image I am sewing with the cut fabric pinned on a paper map.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeri said...

how pretty!

Welcome to the Quilt Studio blog ring! I look forward to seeing more of your work - the quilts in your posts are cool, especially the Storm at Sea challenge pieces.

Jeri at http://scoobagirl.typepad.com

January 17, 2007 at 2:02 PM  
Blogger Diana Napier said...

That is a very interesting piece your working on. I'll have to keep my eye on the piece as your progress. Thanks for coming to my blog and commenting about the yellow WIP. I have the whole top pieced now so I guess I was inspired to finish. Guess I will have to post a picture.

January 19, 2007 at 6:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home