flippytale Quilter

Art Journey with a Quilty Voice:
I here Voices. The Voices tell me to cut up Fabric. Good Fabric. Into small pieces. Small interesting pieces.
Then the Voices tell me to put them back together again. In interesting ways.
.... I must Obey ....

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Storm at Sea

I got an idea for our challenge using the "Storm at Sea" block; to make the block the size of the quilt. Spent the last weekend playing with it. I drafted the left and right sides to look like Day Lilies, the top and bottom are Cosmos. These were modified from Ruth McDowell's book "Pieced Flowers". Not sure what I will do in the corners yet. Would like to put a hummingbird in there somewhere too. I have until March to finish it.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This is what the block looks like....
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home