flippytale Quilter

Art Journey with a Quilty Voice:
I here Voices. The Voices tell me to cut up Fabric. Good Fabric. Into small pieces. Small interesting pieces.
Then the Voices tell me to put them back together again. In interesting ways.
.... I must Obey ....

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Back on my Path

I invited a friend for lunch yesterday. I needed to bring someone into my home and give my time to someone else.

When I returned from my trip to California I also brought a cold back with me and suffered all last week and weekend. At some point I tried to get up and sew for a while and didn't even feel strong enough to do that, I read, slept, and played computer games. All mindless passive activities that I needed to convalesce with. And as I recovered my health I also realized that if I don't look outside myself I will find my self sliding into depression, missing my family and their company and the few friend I no longer have around me.

I have no agenda with, I don't ever want one with friends. But I did, I knew that sharing my time with her would inspire me and clear my head.

And I got out my hand sewing last night and started to work with a new enthusiasm. I studied the project with a new eye and see my path to its finish. Such a small step and significant, one that I knew would arrive again.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Now I will find myself wandering back into my sewing room and reacquainting my self with even more of my unfinished projects.

1 Comments:

Blogger Granny Fran said...

Welcome to Quilt Studio webring. Your pieced flowers are great.

January 15, 2007 at 9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home