flippytale Quilter

Art Journey with a Quilty Voice:
I here Voices. The Voices tell me to cut up Fabric. Good Fabric. Into small pieces. Small interesting pieces.
Then the Voices tell me to put them back together again. In interesting ways.
.... I must Obey ....

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Crafty Pillows

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Two Pillows: These are not quite quilts, but patchwork pillows that I like to make from remnant upholstery fabric. They were nearly done when my family came to visit, so counted as UFOs. I finished them this weekend and will put them in the conference room at work.

Now I've started sewing on my bed quilt while using my stashbusting half-square triangles as "thread bunnies". I just finished my first seam in FIVE months.....YEAH!!!!

I was just telling a friend of mine how I coped with a job layoff that I went through a few years ago. It was through sewing. It was the one area of my life I could control. I lived with my parents at the time (a very humbling experience) and while there slowing started to bring out my fabric until I had started, designed and completed three quilts. I had started two more that I finished later once I had started working again and moved into my own place. It was the one thing that helped me to cope and stay away from a spiral of depression that I feared so much. It will be a strength I will look to again.

1 Comments:

Blogger Elle said...

I love the design of the pillows!

December 7, 2006 at 11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home