flippytale Quilter

Art Journey with a Quilty Voice:
I here Voices. The Voices tell me to cut up Fabric. Good Fabric. Into small pieces. Small interesting pieces.
Then the Voices tell me to put them back together again. In interesting ways.
.... I must Obey ....

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Fabric Cache

I was fortunate enough to receive a basket of fabric from an aquaintance last summer (we did not become friends...long complicated story, not to be revealed here). Most were not something that I would want personally, but I planned to share with others. But, I ended up not giving most of it away like I planned, I have instead, felt obligated to create quilts from the stash to give to others. I would rather see a completed quilt go to someone than bits of fabric just go into someone else's stash for who knows how long.

So I sew, for someone else, I don't know who yet, but my own projects wait for me to fill this need.

So far three have been made and in different stages of completion, all are traditional;
a quilt has been made from the plaids I found,
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
a blue hued quilt made from an online mystery quilt (it wasn't a mystery when I started, I already knew the pattern, but enjoyed following the direction),
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
and now a nine patch that is predomantly green and brown. It has grown, but I started with 20 six inch exchange blocks from my guild.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I must have enough for two or three more left in the cache.

The traditional patterns are fun to make because sometimes I just need to sew stuff together and not analyse the design too much. Rotary cut ... zip ... sew ... zip ... think ... think ... meditate ... create.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home